Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Evaluation

Investigate- In this stage, I had a bit of trouble figuring out what to do for my project. I looked for many tools I could use to make a simple and fun video for the 6th graders to look watch and learn what the design cycle is and what it is for. I think if i had a bit more time or if I used my time more wisely, I coudlve found a better program other than PowerPoint to use.
Design- In the design stage, I wasnt sure what to design. I already knew that I wanted yo use the Power Point program because it was going to be simple and easy to make and understand. I designed 3 different lists of what I wanted to put on each slide I was going to put in the Power Point. I ended up using the most detailed design. I added some changes to the powerpoint because I didn't think it was enough. I could've done a better job if I had access to a pin drive so I could take the Power Point with me, or if I had chosen a program that was on the internet, I could've worked on it in more places.
Plan- On the plan stage, I planned out how much time I was going to spend in each thing I was going to put on the Power Point. I made a gantt chart so I could know and remember how much time I was supposed to spend on each thing and not to waste anytime on something I didn't need to waste time on. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the timing on the gantt chart i created. I wasted time on other things and I know I could've done a better job if I had spent the appropriate time on the right things.
Create- I the create stage, I created a PowerPoint. I followed one of my designs, but i made some changes to it. I made changes because I thought it wasn't enough things to put on the project. I needed more information on the slides so when i was creating my project, I added more information to it. I did my project kind of last minute and i would've done a better job if I had started way before than I actually started. 
Evaluate- In this stage, i am evaluating my self. I don't know if my product was a success because I did not get to test my product out. I made tests for the 6th graders to take but i didn't have a chance to actually give it to them. At the end, I realized how I didn't put a lot of effort into my product. I know if I had put more time into it it would've been a way better project.
Attitudes in Technology- My attitudes in technology where not as good as I expected them to be. I think I should've put in more effort and my project would've been a better project than it is. I didn't use enough time to do my project. Next time, i will try my best to focus on doing my best and completing a well done product.

No comments:

Post a Comment